Bus Driver Authority Newcastle, Port Stephens, Hunter Valley & Central Coast
Course: Bus Driver Authority
Who Is This Course Designed For:
This course is a legal requirement for all drivers of public passenger busses seating 13 people or more, motorcycle and 4-wheel drive tour vehicles to be authorised under the Passenger Transport Act 1990 or 2014.
- Applicant must be minimum 20 years of age and
- hold an unrestricted/unconditional driver licence issued in NSW and
- have held unrestricted Australian driver licence for a total of at least 12 months in the 2 years immediately preceding the date of application and
- must have passed an examination or assessment at a level determined by the Director General in medical fitness and
Satisfy that applicant:
- may lawfully work in Australia and
- have knowledge of the Acts and regulations relating to the operation of a bus and
- is of good repute and in all other respects is a fit and proper person to be the driver of the vehicle concerned(RMS will require a full police check) and
- has sufficient responsibility to driver the vehicle concerned in accordance with law
There is a lot of information/documentation required if at any time you feel there may be an issue with your application first speak to RMS or send application only to RMS before you complete any course.
Requirements/documents for RMS(Transport NSW):
- must be able to communicate in English and
- complete a medical assessment (forms issued by RMS) and
- have photocopy of driving licence and
- 2 recent colour photos(65mm x 65mm) can be obtained at Australia Post Office and
- non refundable money order made payable to RMS
- proficiency certificate supplied upon successful completion of the Bus Driver Authority training course and
- birth certificate/passport or citizen certificate
For more information visit the RMS website http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au
Course Duration: Approx 4 hours
Courses for Newcastle, Hunter Valley and Central and Mid North Coast are held in Newcastle.
Onsite courses available (conditions apply).