Dangerous Goods Course Transport License Training
Chris Shilling Transport Training is an approved driver’s license training school that offers Dangerous Goods Transport License courses in Newcastle NSW.
Under the Australian Regulations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG) Code, anyone involved in the handling and transport of dangerous goods should receive adequate training to avoid damage, injury and risk to the environment.
The Preparation and Transport of Dangerous Goods programme from Chris Shilling Transport Training in Newcastle, NSW is tailored to the practical needs of road transport companies and their drivers, preparing them to meet the regulatory conditions of the ADG Code as outlined by the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment and NSW Environment Protection Authority.
Who needs Dangerous Goods Transport License Training in Newcastle?
Dangerous Goods Transport training is needed to obtain a license that allows you to drive a vehicle transporting dangerous goods in New South Wales. Training is needed if you intend to handle any type of product that meets the definition for a dangerous good as defined in the New South Wales Dangerous Goods (Road and Rail Transport) Act 2008.
Dangerous Goods Transport License training in Newcastle must be completed before employees handle any dangerous goods and will require the licence if they intend to:
- Transport more than 500 litres or 500 kilograms of dangerous goods.
- Fill or empty dangerous goods in intermediate bulk containers (IBC) that are in excess of 3000 litres while on the vehicle.
- Handle dangerous goods or substances that present a substantial hazard to people, property or the environment including explosives, gases, flammable liquids or any other EPA regulated substances or objects that are deemed to pose a threat to people, property or the environment.
A full list of dangerous goods substances and objects can be found on the NSW Environment Protection Authority’s website.
Dangerous Goods Transport License training structure
This vitally important 2-day course is designed to teach the necessary criteria required under the current version of the Australian Code for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail (ADG Code) and to practice the rules to ensure all parties are in compliance with the law.
By the end of the Dangerous Good Transport License training you will be able to:
- comply with ADG and relevant dangerous goods legislation
- identify class and subsidiary risk labels for dangerous goods
- identify the level of risk within dangerous goods classes and divisions
- identify the necessary information on documents for the transport of dangerous goods
- identify hazards and plan work to minimise risks when transporting dangerous goods
- maintain workplace records including completing declarations for dangerous goods
Why choose CSTT for Dangerous Goods Transport Training in Newcastle
At the end of the training, you will have an assessment to show you are able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the nature of dangerous goods and how they are classified under Australian law. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued a TLILIC001 Preparation and Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road Certificate, which is valid for up to 5 years.
The complete training course provided by Chris Shilling Transport Training is competitively priced at $395.00 as well as a $57.00 licensing fee with NSW EPA.
All Chris Shilling Transport Training programmes are provided by expert trainers and:
- Integrate best health and safety practices
- comply with all Australian industry standards
- meet professional industry qualification standards
- guarantee the highest level of compliance with NSW legislation
Reach Out To Chris Shilling Transport Training
If you would like further information on our Preparation and Transport of Dangerous Goods training in Newcastle you can call us on 0434 366 758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.